When something does go wrong with any tooth it is very important that we get a replacement tooth. Teeth are very important – and anyone living without them always mentions how their quality of life, health, relationships, and confidence are all affected. The best treatment for fixing missing teeth are Dental Implants.
Psychological impact from missing teeth
There are plenty of studies that have looked at the emotional effects of tooth loss. The results of these studies have found:
- People feel less confident about them and are more likely to feel inhibited in carrying out everyday activities.
- People are likely to feel that the shape of their face has changed since they lost their teeth
- People often avoid looking at themselves in the mirror
- People often do not let their partner see them without teeth in place due to
Oral health issues from missing teeth
- When teeth are removed, it becomes harder to clean your teeth due to shifting or
eruption of your teeth. This can in turn lead to more plaque or bacteria forming on your
teeth which can lead to gum inflammation or periodontal disease.
- The jaws may not bite together properly and this can affect chewing or cause jaw problems.
- There can be difficulty in talking.
- The can be pain in the facial muscles due to an improper bite.
- Food may trap plaque, and accumulation can lead to more dental decay or gum disease.
Advantages of dental implants
Great success rates
In general dental implants have a very high success rate. Success rates are around 95 to 98% after 8 years.
Be free again
Do you always look at the menu and wonder what you wish you could have if you didn’t have dentures in your mouth?
Have you forgotten that time when you could smile freely without your dentures wobbling up-and- down?
With implants you have the freedom to eat the type of food you want, when you want!
Protects your bone from disappearing
When you lose teeth, it is common for the jawbone to deteriorate due to a lack of stimulation. Dental implants are designed to mimic the natural truth and are able to better preserve your jawbone
Dental Implants look amazing
We are able to control the size and colour of your teeth to give you your dream smile.
No damage to surrounding teeth
Dental implants are amazing in that they do not affect your surrounding teeth like dentures and bridges do. Dentures have little clips that attach onto the surrounding teeth, which can occasionally weaken the teeth. Bridges require removal of tooth structure from the surrounding teeth, thereby acting as an anchor.
Bridges and dentures can be hard to clean and occasionally can lead to poor hygiene in the mouth compared to implants. This means you can spend less time looking after your teeth.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
Contact Bayview Dental about Dental Implant Options