Fix your missing teeth at Bayview Dental and you find your smile
Why choose us?
Payment Plans available
What are the main causes of missing teeth?
Apart from the normal process of baby tooth loss the various other causes of missing teeth are:
Dental decay - if you leave the cavity for too long it will lead to tooth loss.
Gum disease - when there is too much bacteria around the gums, this will lead to the loss of bone around the tooth known as gum disease.
Congenitally missing teeth - sometimes teeth do not form in the first place due to genetics or in connection with medical problems.
Trauma - the front teeth are particularly at risk of trauma which can sometimes lead to the loss of teeth.
Before and after our Dental Bridge treatment for a missing tooth
What happens when I don’t fix my missing tooth?
The various consequences of not replacing missing teeth can include the following:
- The jaws may not bite together properly, thus affecting the function of chewing,
- Difficulty in talking,
- Pain in the facial muscles due to an improper bite,
- Drifting or tilting of teeth into the space where the missing tooth used to be – this will lead to poor hygiene in this area,
- Supra-eruption of teeth, which means that the opposing tooth drifts into the space because nothing is stopping it from doing so,
- Food trapping and plaque accumulation in the gaps can lead to more decay or gum disease
- The cosmetic loss of a front tooth may affect your confidence; however, a lot of people’s confidence is affected with posterior tooth loss,
- It’s also worth remembering that some teeth will not need to be always be replaced such as wisdom teeth or second molars.
What are my options for replacing teeth?
If you are missing teeth, a dental bridge may be able to replace one of more missing teeth in as little as two weeks without surgery.LEARN MORE
With new dentures, your smile will be restored, you’ll be able to eat more comfortably, and your appearance will be improved. Dentures also support your lips and cheeks, helping you speak more clearly.LEARN MORE
Single Tooth Dental Implant
Single Tooth Implants are most common solution for replacing a lost tooth. They are anchored to the jaws and act as a foundation for a dental crown, bridge or denture.LEARN MORE
Multiple Tooth Implant
Bayview Dental in Claremont, Perth, are known for their leading dental implants. Dental implants can be used to replace several missing teeth while not affecting surrounding teeth.LEARN MORE